[Healeys] Gas Prices

Rick Neville healeyrick at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 17:49:06 MDT 2008

Don't underestimate the cost of comfort, safety and convenience.  My first car in high school was a bugeye.  Less than 1500 lbs.   30-35 miles to the gallon and you could fix it with a hammer and baling wire.  The closest thing today is a Miata, with power steering, abs, aircon, airbags, etc.  Weight is about 2500 lbs.  Wanna bet my bugeye left a smaller carbon footprint?  But no one would be crazy enough to drive a bugeye to work every day now.  No doubt cars are much better now than they were 50 yrs ago, but I'm not sure with all the technological advancements, they're having less impact on the environment.