[Healeys] !00M on Ebay

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Wed May 21 19:11:16 MDT 2008

 One question, can someone explain the three screw dashpot caps mounted on
the four screw H6 throttle body?  Was that normal or is this a PO mod?

Feh... and lots of details wrong, would not even make concourse gold,
problems I see are:

1) No strap hose clamps!
2) Wrong grommets on the cold air box too - these won't seal thus no
pressure to float bowls.
3) rounded head nut - and the nut is an incorrect aircraft style flanged nut
to boot!
4) curly red tension lead - AAAAAAAK!
5) phillips head screws on bonnet strap - is this correct?
6) Absolutely atrocious installation of the leather seat covers
7) Tunnel carpet is totally wrinkled, albeit this was like this from the
factory, but if it was my car I would have paid the $100 to have it fitted
properly.
8) Inner bulkhead not sprayed correctly with black primer showing
9) Donde esta los tool kit?  this is $110K folks.
10) Engine bulkhead not properly prepped before painting - makes me wonder
how well the paint will last
11) Water pipes aren't painted engine color
12) I see pozidrive screws!!!!
13) Nice Gucci Radiator cap.
14) Carb supports should be black, right?

Did I miss anything?  Should the boot armacord be blue (or was that BN1s
only?)

Two hours of shop time by the restorer spent reading the Roger Moment book
would have been money well spent....

Begging a closer inspection of the paint, I'd value this car at $40K +/-
$10K based on quality of paint.  shame.

But hey I would be happy to pay 110,000 .... Yen that is.

Alan