[Healeys] Aluminum Radiators

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Sat May 17 11:41:55 MDT 2008

In a message dated 5/17/08 9:15:18 AM, healeys-request at autox.team.net writes:

> Good Morning List- Which brand (or brands) of Aluminum Radiators works best
> in a 100-4?
>
> If they are available with larger cores than original, will I have any room
> constraint issues to deal with if I use Stock or 100M  engine parts?
>
> Thanks- Doug

Begs question: why use aluminum radiator? Aluminum cools less efficiently
than steel and ally rads cost more. The only good reason to use one is for the
weight savings if you're planning to race your Healey. Best all-around
solution
for radiators, if you live in a very hot and hilly climate or plan to
participate in a lot of parades, is to take your standard radiator, and have a
good
radiator shop replace the core (area between the top and bottom tank) with a
thicker core. Won't create any fit problems, will work more efficiently than
aluminum or stock, and cost about the same, all-in, as an aluminum radiator.
Cheers
Gary