[Healeys] gas additives

DENewman2 at aol.com DENewman2 at aol.com
Sat May 3 23:57:17 MDT 2008

Running Regular since buying the BJ8 in 1968. no pings, no problems! Then
again I'm at 6200 feet.

TAHOEAH

In a message dated 5/3/2008 10:52:10 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
thehartnetts at earthlink.net writes:

Oh my  gosh!  Am I the only one that is running 87 octane in his Healey?
And
without aditives?  I buy the least expensive gas that I can find  in town.
With most running in the $3.80 - $3.90 range, I found 'regular'  at $3.77
this morning.  My engine does not ping.  I am not  ashamed to run it in
autocrosses or hillclimbs or other 'speed' events -  fourth in class in 2002
autocross, 2 seconds behind winner; 3rd in 2006  and 2nd in 2007;  69 MPH in
the 2002 1/4 mile speed run - top three  cars in class were tied at 70 MPH.
I see no performance or economic  advantage in using anything higher than
needed.

And I haven't had  any problems with plugged injectors  <G> .

I am inclined to  go along with Dave Porter:  if your engine is pinging,
perhaps you  are in need of a tune-up.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,   California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031