[Healeys] Steering Arm Removal

John Kuzman jjkbj7 at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 05:51:08 MDT 2008

   I need some guidance on the removal of the steering arm from the
   steering box on my BJ7. I am attempting to replace the seal.

   I removed the large nut and washer and soaked the joint with PB
   Blaster for over a week. I attached a puller and tightened the puller
   down to the point of almost deforming the puller and the arm has not
   budged. I did not remove the steering side rods from the other end of
   the steering arm. Do these need to come off to remove the arm from the
   steering box splined shaft? Any other suggestions? Thanks.