[Healeys] Trafficator, horn problem

John Sims ahbn6 at optonline.net
Mon Mar 31 12:30:22 MST 2008

Look on my site.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces+ahbn6=optonline.net at autox.team.net
[mailto:healeys-bounces+ahbn6=optonline.net at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Bob
Johnson
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 3:13 PM
To: Healeys
Subject: [Healeys] Trafficator, horn problem

A friend of mine has a BJ7. Last week his wife was driving the car when the
horn, trafficator assembly less the stator tube fell out of the steering
wheel. When I went and looked, everything was OK except that the rest of the
assembly had come loose from the tube. On my car , if you loosen the set
screws, everything including the tube slides right out. His tube is firmly
stuck in the column. How hard should I pull on the tube? What could be
holding
it? His problem is that the ears on the short piece that connects to the
tube
have either broken off somewhat or have simply somehow gotten straightened
so
they no longer hold. Any help would be appreciated. Also, someone sent me
pics
of this assembly when I took mine apart. If I had those again, it would be
helpful.

Thanks,

Bob Johnson
BJ8