[Healeys] Brake Fluid Who Knew?

Bob Johnson robert.w.johnson at charter.net
Thu Mar 20 17:24:46 MST 2008

Having been a car  buff since the 50's, I had never heard of changing your
brake fluid. That was a surprise when Rich explained it so well 2 days ago.
Then, yesterday, my new Family Handyman magazine (I apparently have some
people fooled) arrived and in this months Car & Garage section, they reiterate
that brake fluid does need to be changed. But the point of the article was
that there is now a brake fluid test kit to let you know when you need to
change. It looks rather like litmus strips that you stick into the fluid and
then compare the strip color to a color chart on the package to tell if it is
time to change or not. 25 strips costs $24 at brakebleeder.com.

Bob Johnson
BJ8