[Healeys] Final word on "LWB"

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri Mar 14 05:28:17 MST 2008

Josef, in the BJ8 Registry I have a total of 600 certificates for BJ8s.  In
about 6 cases, I have separate certificates for the same car issued to
different owners at different times.
The certificates have mistakes, inconsistencies, and different data for the
same car at a distressing frequency, especially considering what the
certificate fee is now.  BMIHT will correct a mistake if one can show them
that it exists, and as long as the mistake doesn't result from a mistake in
the build records.

By the way, if you order any certificates for BJ8s I would like to add a copy
of them to the registry collection, if possible.  Having a large number of
them collected together in one place makes possible more significant
statistics concerning original manufacture, and comparisons that couldn't
otherwise be made.

Cheers!
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC USA
---- Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com wrote:
> Hello Steve and all,
> thatB4s what I had always in mind. It is just a mistake in the certificate.
Over the past 15 years I have ordered around 50 certificates for friends here
in Germany, not only for Austin Healeys also for MGs, Triumphs and Morris
Minors. Here the older people are not very skilled in English language, thats
why I do this service.
> What I want to say is, in the about 50 certificates there were more than 5
wrong statements in the certificates, even wrong engine number in one.
> This is manual work the registrars do and they check in old handwritten
books and may check an inquiry for a Landrover together with one for a Healey
and perhaps when writing the certificate mixing it up.