[Healeys] Mr. Bill returns - in a limited capacity!

Mr. Bill BN1 at pacbell.net
Sat Jun 28 23:30:06 MDT 2008

Well, I had planned on spending the month before Conclave spiffying up
#663 and adding a couple of newly received performance parts.  (Things
can be done even when in a wheelchair!)  'Twas not to be, however.

I first called 911 @ 3AM when the spasticity of my right leg went out of
sight along with my b.p. 200/100 and pain index went to 10.  Hospital
stabilized me, also reduced the edema and sent me home after a couple of
days.

Two days later my Healey chauffeur/care giver, Maria, called 911 and
back I went with pneumonia!  After my breathing stopped, the ol' ticker
also quit and I was "flat line" for a spell before they could crank me
up again!  (Hey, now I belong to another and very exclusive club!)  They
must have given me "the Ed Test" because they determined there was no
brain damage since my answers after were just crazy after as the ones
before!

Over, right?  Nope!  911 AGAIN after an accidental overdose of
prescription pain killers, because I hurt like hell, dammit.  That
doctor is now gone BTW!  3 days of IV detoxing, 2 days of monitoring and
home for the 3rd time on 6-26, after a total of 23 hospital days.  But,
without any opiates this time.

Geez, only 2 days to prepare and we're off to San Diego on th 29th.
That's enough for this ol' Healey fart.  See you all and many more long
time friends there!

Bill Barnett
'53 BN1M