[Healeys] Non Healey Tire Question

Gil Rockwell gilrockwell at verizon.net
Wed Jun 25 18:55:17 MDT 2008

Hi Ron,

I just replaced the Goodyear Integrity tires with the Michelin X Radials
from Costco and they are much better than the Goodyear tires.  After about a
1000 mile break-in, they are very quiet and the handling is better in every
respect. The mileage on our Prius did not change as a result of the change
but this is a factor in the choice as the OEM tires are rated as "low
rolling resistance" tires.  However, had I had the choice at Costco I would
probably have purchased the HydroEdge, but they did not offer it here in
Richmond.  I have a Camry Hybrid as well and it has the Bridgestone Turanzas
and I will replace them with a Michelin tire as well, hopefully the
HydroEdge if available.  Another choice that a lot of people claim good
results with are the Goodyear Assurance Comfortread which I also checked on,
but the Goodyear store and the Sears store price is so high over and above
the tire cost, I just refused to pay the price.

Gil

Ronald A. Fine