[Healeys] On Route 66 to Conclave, Day 3

Bob Brown blkbt7 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 21:47:01 MDT 2008

Day 3 - Left Miaimi, OK in a light rain about 8 AM. Followed some very okd
original segments of the
original route, 9 foot wide concrete. The gravel
berms were smoother! Second section of
original road had 2 sections of
running wate across the road, slow going but both cars got through without
event. Freight train parked blocking the old road, rain stopped, wait 1/2 hour
2 trains passed going by on the
other track but the parked one didn't move.
We retraced our drive on the original road and crossed the running
water a
second time, just to prove we could.  Skies cleared, heat came. Oklahoma has
many great sections of
some original RT 66. We apparently have the right map
this time as I never saw much of the route last time
we traveled RT 66 to
Park City.
Sprite coil wire came out of the distributor at a gas stop, only
real problem for the day, however both cars
running hot the few times we used
the Interstate. Engine temp is not a concern while on RT66.
Bob