[Healeys] On the road to Conclave

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun Jun 22 15:09:34 MDT 2008

Hello,  Healeyphiles -

Today was departure day for our cross-country Healey drive to Conclave in
San Diego.  I joined George and Sherry Haywood this morning in Jacksonville,
NC.  As they rolled up behind me at our meeting place near their home, their
BJ8 just died.  While George and I poked around the engine bay looking for
obvious reasons why the car would start but not run, Sherry pointed out the
fuel pouring onto the ground under the engine.  Ah!  Carb overflow!

Removal of the float bowl caps and needle valves didn't reveal anything
obvious, but reassembly fixed the problem.  Guess the cars were just
reminding us not to take them for granted.   The remainder of today's trip
was uneventful, although also a bit boring since most of it was interstate
travel.  Tomorrow will be all interstate travel, but then we can move onto
some more interesting roads after that.

Hope to see some of you at Conclave.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666