[Healeys] Labels

Michael Gladwin michaelgladwin at mac.com
Sun Jun 22 14:17:28 MDT 2008

Gents:
             Could someone explain to me what the small aluminium
triangular label is on the top of the float chamber cover. Fitted
under the retaining screw.  Mine are stamped AUD 18F (front):  AUD18F
(middle): AUD618 (rear).  The carbs are triple H.S.4's on my BT7 MkII.

I also note that, in the BMC manual, the forward carb float chamber
cover has a fuel inlet and an outlet to feed carb  #2.  However, mine
has a T adaptor after the rubber feed line; before the #1 carb  line
this then feeds carb #1 and carb #2 in parallel and not in series.
The T seems to me to be home-made.  Any comments?

These questions came when I was removing #3 carb.  I had found a major
fuel leak from the #3 feed gland nut on the float chamber (bottom) to
the jet nut.  Tightened same - still leaking.  Oh well, when the cuts
and abraisions heal I'll take it off again and have another go.

Mike