[Healeys] Header wrap

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Jun 16 20:03:38 MDT 2008

I put header wrap on my BJ8 downpipes this year prior to a long trip
(3,600 miles) through the American Southwest.  It's subjective, of
course, but I believe the wrap reduced the under-bonnet temps and helped
keep the engine temp down maybe 5-10degF with ambient temps up to the
mid-90s.  The exhaust gas is noticeably hotter at the tips.  No change
in cockpit temps (but mine is pretty well insulated).

No detrimental effects so far.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net