[Healeys] Boat Gas Mileage--non-healey

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Mon Jun 16 16:16:57 MDT 2008

Healey made boats so I can draw a healey connection, I rented a boat on
vacation, 22' ski type boat, inboard motor, don't know the HP/motor, maybe
150-200 tops.  I drove it around the lake for two hours not ripping it up
not real slow, probably 15-20mph average, at the end of the two hours they
said I used 12 gallons of gas, I said the guage said 3/4 when I took and
they said the guage didn't work.

Did I get ripped off or is the usage (a gallon every ten minutes) plausible?
(been a long time since I have done much boating, and back then gas was much
less, didn't worry about it)

PS RE Ethonal, The Honda Fit got 28.5 MPG when new on ethanol, averaged
nearly 37 mpg on the recent trip on two tankfuls, mixed city highway on
regular, now with 10,000 miles and I pumped up the tires to about 36 psi, I
put some of the increase down to break in and tire pressure, but that is a
big increase for break-in and tire pressure.

Greg Lemon