[Healeys] ethanol

insptwo at msn.com insptwo at msn.com
Mon Jun 16 16:00:59 MDT 2008

For those of you who have not seen the figures, once again John Q. Public has
again been screwed! I am rereading an article in the St. Petersburg Times from
June 15th. The R.F.A. (Renewable Fuels Assoc.) states that there is a 2
percent decrease in fuel economy when using ethanol (E10) for fuel injected
cars and following that theory, that means even worse mpg for older cars.
There have been reports of reductions of 5 to 10 percent in mileage all over
the USA.

You will note that we are not seeing a reduction in the price of gas even
though the United States offers a 51 cent tax credit for every gallon of
ethanol blended into gasoline and you will also note that prices of everything
related to corn products is ever increasing (beef, etc). Combine this with
federal subsidies for farmers, you better believe that the average person has
now really been had. Noting that the government never reverses itself on this
stuff, we are in for the long haul. Something like the report on the new freon
that came into being because the old freon was bad for the ozone. They
discovered that the new freon had an even worse effect (amazing how that
report was immediately hidden)!
Bill
BJ7