[Healeys] Engine installation

Healey Bruce healeybruce at roadrunner.com
Mon Jun 16 15:57:41 MDT 2008

Having only done a BN7, I would venture to say I highly doubt it for several
reasons:

(1) Assuming you have a lift, I could only think you'd need an overhead
crane to lift the engine and tranny up.
(2) The tail piece of the tranny/OD has to go over the cruciform brace.
You'd probably need someone up in the car to lift and guide--not too smart
up on a lift.
(3) I would anticipate it would be difficult if not impossible to get the
top of the head to clear the front crossmember whilst angling the assembly
upwards (tail up) to get the trann/OD over the cruciform and keeping the top
of the bell housing from bashing the firewall.
(4) I don't think the engine mounts would clear coming up from the
bottom--you'd have to try to install them with the engine hanging in there.
(5) If it were easier to do it this way, they would have do so at the
factory.

Bruce Steele
1960 BN7
Brea, CA