[Healeys] New Era

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Jun 15 09:51:41 MDT 2008

Yesterday, I took my BJ8 out to do some local errands and warm the oil
for a change.

At a stoplight, a young fella in a big 4x4, 4-door pickup is checking
out the car.  I expected to get the usual "Nice ride!" or "My uncle had
one of those."  Instead, the shaved-head, goateed styler looks at me and
asks "What kind of mileage does it get?"  Momentarily taken aback, I
thought quickly and replied "18 at 80, 25 at 50" (approximately
correct).  He seemed impressed, and replied "I get 7mpg at 65mph ...
gonna unload this as soon as I can."  I said "I don't really care about
mileage, this is my toy."

Guess the times really ARE a'changin'

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net