[Healeys] Gas and Oil (only indirect Healey content)

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Jun 7 22:42:12 MDT 2008

A few years ago myself and others got into an online argument with
someone who proclaimed $4/gallon gas was right around the corner, and
that would cause the US and world economy to grind to a halt.

I have to eat a little crow because, obviously the $4/gal mark has been
reached and then some.  However, the rise in oil and gas prices didn't
come as soon as my "adversary" claimed, nor has the world economy come
to a halt (at least not yet).  So, if that Lister's still online
congratulations on calling the situation correctly, if not a bit
prematurely (if I recall, I felt more expensive gas was probable, but
that the increase and effect would not be as severe or come as soon as
the other Lister predicted).

FWIW, though I enjoy cheap fuel as much as anybody I've never felt it
was a divine right and always tried to use fuel--and other resources,
for that matter--efficiently.   My hobbies (driving and flying) sure
have gotten expensive, though.  Guess I'll have to dip into my son's
college fund a bit more ;)

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net