[Healeys] 62bt7

Kurt Leslie kansl at net1plus.com
Sun Jul 20 04:50:49 MDT 2008

Took my healey for a ride yesterday bt7, was a hot day but temp in car
ok no traffic. On the way home the engine started skipping on
acceleration and stopped completely within a few miles and I assumed
fuel pump, but it was not it was electrical. Removed distributor cap and
rotor had no real wear, less than 300 miles on cap, rotor,points and
condenser, however there was a small amount of black arcing dust on the
heal of the outer rotor contact, put spare rotor in and started and ran
fine, I am still not sure what happened as the rotor looked ok to begin
with any ideas? Perhaps the hot weather effected the condenser?  Kurt