[Healeys] BJ8 Overdrive Kicks Out

philritten at aol.com philritten at aol.com
Mon Jul 14 21:13:37 MDT 2008

The person who owned my car (two owners ago) was a master mechanic and took out the relay entirely. I didn't even know I was supposed to have it until someone at the conclave told me.?My car works wonderfully without it. One person suggested I clutch when flipping the switch on and off, but it worked fine before I started doing this. Has anyone else removed it completely? Also, I haven't had any problems if I forget to turn it off except it acts like I'm in too high a gear (which clues me in)

Phil