[Healeys] Healey California trip mileage - others sought

E.A. Driver edriver at sasktel.net
Sun Jul 6 11:03:13 MDT 2008

Hello

This is always an interesting topic (my BJ8 has DWR road/rallye camshaft,
and  is ported and polished and new HD8s).  My results are similar to Bob's
although his are slightly better (you can convert his to imperial measure by
multiplying by 1.2 for the comparison).:

                         pre- engine rebuild   highway   26.9 mpg  91
premium  60-65 mph
                         post engine rebuild   highway   26.0 mpg  91
premium  60-65 mph
                                                        highway   22.0
mpg  87 regular (10% ethanol) 60-80 (primarily 70+)
                                                        city
13.9 mpg  91 or 87     speeds less than 35 mph

Kind regards
Ed
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Historian, AHCUSA