[Healeys] BJ7-BJ8 Door Differences

tomleavy at comcast.net tomleavy at comcast.net
Tue Jul 1 14:11:51 MDT 2008

Howdy Listers-

Does anybody know the difference between a BJ7 and BJ8 door?

I bought a NOS door  for my 63 BJ7, and when installed, the A pillar gaps are off. Also, the bracket that the check strap attaches to on the door side is parallel to the door side of the jamb, while on the replacement door the bracket is angled in toward the cockpit.

I have heard that there is a difference between the two models (the guy who sold it to me so advised), but he said that this was a "7" version, and it was a leftover from a BJ8 project.

If anyone could email me pics their "7" or "8" door side jambs off list, I'd appreciate it.

If it turns out that this is an 8 door, it will be for sale in the near future (hope that doesn't offend anyone).

HAPPY CANADA DAY!
--
Thomas Leavy
451 Branchport Avenue