[Healeys] Testing a battery, non Healey

Dave Russell rusd at sitestar.net
Mon Jan 21 11:07:08 MST 2008

Simon,

60 milliamps is 0.060 amps. This would be 1.44 amp hours per day, 10 amp
hours per week, 43 amp hours per month, etc. Since the draw is on-off
instead of steady the actual drain would be less.

How long the battery would last depends on the battery size, condition,
& how often the car is driven to recharge it. If your battery was
originally rated at 60 amp hours, the battery would be discharged maybe
1/3 in a month. If the battery is old or in poor condition, it might
very well have less than it's original capacity & go flat sooner.

I would expect most batteries to last at least a month without driving
before going flat.

A battery shop or similar can do a battery capacity/load test to
determine it's exact condition.

Dave Russell

If I disconnect the battery's + lead and put a test light between clamp and