[Healeys] TR: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/search/carlist_D...

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 18:07:51 MST 2008

Interestingly enough,  I have found that using one of those
screwdrivers that is made to use the hexagonal inserts works very well
as a cheater lever.  Best to use a stubby version of the screwdriver.

Slip the screwdriver insert hole over the valve lever and gently move
it using even but firm pressure - it will move without breaking the
handle.  Works very well on my BJ8.  I think the handles break because
the normal methods of trying to make the thing move with your hand put
too much variable fulcrum stress on the brass handle.

Alternatively you can screw the handle out and screw in a steel bolt
in its place.

Alan

--
Alan