[Healeys] steering box rebuild

shop at justbrits.com shop at justbrits.com
Tue Jan 15 13:27:24 MST 2008

Gentlemen:

In light of the hunt for the felt bush for BN-1's steering column, I wrote
Kelvin Dodd, Global Sourcing Engineer @ Moss and asked the following:

<quote>
667-655 is felt bush for BN-1 & early BN-2s and NLA.  Active subject on
healeys List.Bob Yule of Autofarm in Can. says he has in stock.  I haven't
check my UK/Eur suppliers tho.

Any idea if one of the following might work outright or with "trim to fit",
Kelvin??

667-600 is for later BN-2 up to some BN-4s & 7s.
220-152 & 220-200 = TD & TF
220-190 & 220-160 = MGA
220-050 = TR-2 - 3B
</quote>

I had the same IMMEDIATE thought as Charlie Baldwin did re MGTD so I looked
up all the "felt bushes" in the catalog (we Distributors set a single THICK
book with ALL the their LBC Cats in one) and the above #s are what I came up
with.

The following is his reply just in:
<quote>
I immediately thought about the MGA one.

We would need to know what the clearance is on the box input shaft.
You know one of these should work.
</quote>

So, anybody able to check their column and provide said info.???

Regards....

Ed
'63 BJ-7 (Hortense THE Healey wearing STD ILL plates    AH BJ 7    )
Founding Member & Delegate, ILLINI Chapter - AHCA (28 or 29 yrs)
Member & Tech Contact, AHCUSA
Please visit my web site at:  www.justbrits.com
**********
You might enjoy registering for my "Joke (very BIG mis-nomer) Section" !!
Over 400 videos of one type or another (and I have about 100 to put up!!).
The process is painless and automatic (when this computer is on<G> which is
most of the time.)

Then be SURE to watch the TWO Aircraft Carrier Landings in WM*s area
(UN-real!!) and "Where/What is Dubai" in the PP*s area (some of the finest
photography I have EVER seen!!).

And if yer interested, I also off a "Joke Mailing"!!  Attachments ALLOWED (and
encouraged<G>) & adult stuff ALLOWED (and encouraged<G>)!!  Plain ole GROANERS
also "allowed"<G>!!

Started out as just a bunch of grumpy Spridgeteers that wanted the type of
List and couldn't find.  Was about 50 folks.  Now well over 200 (BUNCH of
lurkers).  You can even opt for digest.  Same program MJB switched to<G>.  Not
a very busy one.  Dec = 373 posts.  Occasionally, there are even tech
questions<G>!!

Couple "T"s, 4 or 5 MGBers and 5 or 6 AHers.  NO politics.  Different List!!