[Healeys] Jag Oil Question--NO HEALEY CONTENT

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Jan 6 12:18:18 MST 2008

   Listers,
   A friend of mine with an XJ12 could use a little help:
   "in  your  wisdom  on British cars, I noticed that the oil capacity on
   the Jag was 10.5 qt,

   but  the  "Top  up  min/max" is 2.7qt. Does this mean you can be 2.7qt
   above or below 10.5 qt?

   The  NAPA  dude  said it took 12 qt. and being trusting, I didn't give
   another thought, put

   12qt  in  and  then noticed I was about a quart high on the dip stick.
   Should I drain a quart

   or is it safe up to 13.2qt?

   It shows this "top up min/max" on the tranny to, but only 3qt.

   Ahhhh, more British specifications..."
   Any help from the pros and/or Jag owners appreciated.
   bs

Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell at comcast.net