[Healeys] BN1 Correct Jack Handle?

Steven Mickelson stevemickelson at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 1 23:22:26 MST 2008

Hello Listers,

I recently purchased a Shelly LJ23 (54) jack that I think (and hope) is correct for my BN1L-156610 (26 May 1954) "Brutus, the Garage King".

It has a 3/4(+)" or 13/16(-)" square input rotating "receiver".

Looking for a correct "handle", the Roger Moment/Gary Anderson Restoration book photos imply that the jack handles were actually three pieces.

A. It appears that the "tail piece" has an eyelet that one could insert a crosswise round bar through to get additional rotational leverage.

B. The "middle piece" is assumed to be an extension.

C. The "working end" must have a 3/4" or 13/16" square head to fit into and operate the jack.

(One would assume that the pieces are male/female, such that one could use "A" alone; "A" + "C" and/or all three "A"+ "B" + "C").

Does anyone have dimensions of or know any additional details about "A", "B" and/or "C" above?

It looks like the following eBay item might be an "A", but the photo is not clear and there is nothing for scale.

[I have just asked the seller for dimensions, but have not yet received a reply and don't know what answer(s) I'm looking for].

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330200250652&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014

Any help appreciated.

Regards and Happy 2008 to all.

Steve Mickelson