[Healeys] BJ8

edic edic at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 27 06:51:33 MST 2008

I am in the process of installing my windshield on my BJ8 and there is bracket
on the bottom in the center of the windshield. This bracket
corresponds with a hole in the shroud.  I do not remember taking a bolt out of
this bracket, but I  must have. Does this get bolted down and
what size bolt should I use?

Also, I have a new dash pad and was wondering how many Lift A Dot studs are
used for the tonneau cover. I cannot use my old dash pad as a guide since I
didn't have a tonneau, and there were only two Lift a Dot studs installed, and
they were at each end. My new dash pad has a total of 6 holdes predrilled, 2
outboard and a pair on each side of the mirror screw holes. The first stud
hole is 1" from the mirror screw hole and the next hole is 2" from the 1st
one. The same goes for the other side. I have seen pictures of Healeys with 1
stud on each side of the mirror (2), and some pictures I have seen, have only
1 stud on the right side of the mirror. But, all have had the 2 outboard,
which is a given. Is it just personal preference or is there a standard?

Mel Brunet
HBJ8L/39749