[Healeys] volvos

Tadeusz Malkiewicz tadeusz.malkiewicz at plusnet.pl
Mon Feb 18 04:47:28 MST 2008

Well,

Close ;-)

Volvo 1800 shell was actually done by Pressed Steel at least up to chassis
10000, while Jensen assembled them only up to chassis 6000.
Volvo was not satisfied both with Jensen and Pressed Steel Quality, and
tried to get out of the contracts ASAP.. For some obscure reason, Volvo
believed a closed coupe car cannot not leak, and there should be no draught
from misfit panels.
Jensen and Pressed Steel believed otherwise...
They moved the production to Torslanda, Gothernburg, Sweden.

As far as common parts, I believe there isn't much..
Break system - I believe the front Girling calipers are similar, but not
same. The Volvo ones have 3 piston (2 small inside, 1 large on outside)
calipers.
The brake booster is the same in Volvo 1800 from 61-69 as in the AH3000.

Laycock OD is in a Volvo, but the type is D or J.

Volvo used very similar manufacturers as Healey, but the parts are
different..

I own a 1800S from '68 and a ton of literature on it.. ;-)

Cheers, Tadek

Message: 10