[Healeys] Tail Light Bulbs??

MBran89793 at aol.com MBran89793 at aol.com
Sun Feb 17 18:06:45 MST 2008

(They are hotter and not recommended for the later plastic tail  lights)

Hi Bob-

Contrary to what you may think about the halogen bulbs being hotter  and not
recommended I have used these in my BJ8 "Blackie" for at least 10  years
without any problems at all. Never a melted lens and people are always  asking
where did get my bright brake lights?
Just my personal preference but I also use halogen bulbs in the dash lights
as well. These do illuminate the instruments so well that you do  not have any
problem reading them at night. FWIW I guess this all really  started when I
got my first set of 7" Marchal headlamps with halogen bulbs  by Sylvania at the
Sebring 12 Hr. races in 1964.

Marion S. Brantley, Jr.
Tampa Bay Austin-Healey Club

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)