[Healeys] Centering the Jet - HD8 carbs

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Feb 16 09:32:35 MST 2008

Alan,

I've had good luck centering the jets with the little brass "drift" that
comes in those cheap (~$20) SU balancing kits (the ones with the two
bent wires for comparing piston levels).

I don't have my SU book with me, but I recall asking the List and the
consensus was the bottom of the groove--closest to the tip--of the
needle should be flush with the base of the piston.  I changed mine and
it made a substantial difference in mixture setting.

bs

Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell at comcast.net