[Healeys] Centering the Jet - HD8 carbs

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 06:10:10 MST 2008

Hi All -

I have the HD8s out of my BJ8 for a soft rebuild, and now that I have it all
together, I am having a real problem centering the jet on one carb.

It all lines up and works just fine until I screw down the dashpot cover...
then the needle binds on the jet causing the piston to get stuck, or to bind
a bit.

I've tried about three different ways over about three hours to center the
jet, none of them have worked.  Can anyone give me a step by step that will
get this stupid jet centered properly so that the piston will move freely?

BTW I've put the needles in to where the needle's notch is just below the
dashpot piston bottom (i.e. top of the needle's notch is flush with the
piston bottom).  Have I put it in far enough?

Thanks,

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1