[Healeys] Fw: Stainless Exhaust systems

John Snyder helyjohn at cablespeed.com
Mon Feb 4 10:37:11 MST 2008

I agree w/ the comment below.  The last mild steel Moss system I installed
was terrible!  Nothing fit and it  sounded worse than terrible.  Tapping the
mufffler w/ a piece of steel made it ring like a bell.  Ripped it off  &
installed a Moss Falcon ss system.  The ms muffler had almost NO packing in
it.  Just a hollow can.  I cut it open, and packed it tightly w/ stainless
steel wool & welded it shut.  Will soon try this modified ms system on the
1959 BN7 I'm restoring.   John Snyder

My BT7 Mk2 Moss SS exhaust is definitely a Falcon unit made in UK, I
think.  Very high quality.  Head pipes, muffler, and tail pipes fit
perfectly...and with that sweeeet Healey sound to boot!!  I had
purchased all this same type stuff from a Moss supplier about 2 years
ago except it was all mild steel (not SS).  All-I mean ALL-the mild
steel components were pieces of s***.  The muffler (Walker) came out of
the box overly loud with a rattling tinny sound and the head pipe flange
holes had to be elongated just to fit the studs and to make the pipes
point in the right direction.  Terrible stuff...why is there such a vast
difference in quality between the SS and the mild steel products??
Sheesh....
Jack