[Healeys] Re-installing Tranny?

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 30 18:56:32 MST 2008

I don't know if it is magic but all the times I did it by myself I
balanced the transmission on a rolling floor jack to move up to the
car and then lifted it into place (most likely slide it). Once it was
in the car I then moved the floor jack under the car to the slot
where the transmission sits. Then I used the rolling jack to move the
transmission forward and into place. You need to make height
adjustments with the jack as you go along. It is not all that
difficult. I installed the transmission, bell-housing and OD all as one unit.

John
'62 BT7