[Healeys] 100-6 Horn Button on a BT&

Jack Feldman qualitas.jack at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 07:03:44 MST 2008

John,

Just remember the book I suggested about the decline of the British auto
industry.

Arrogance and the customer be damned attitude killed the industry.

I have a great example of that attitude. It is called the MGC. It was just a
few tweaks away from being a great road car, but out it went with almost no
handling, and a weak 6 cylinder engine. The Healey BT7 engine is so much
better than the C, it is pitiful. Then BMC had the gall to suggest rebadging
the C as a Healey. EEECH!

New Spax shocks all around, and an uprated front roll bar tamed the beast,
but with that lump of iron, it never would handle like B, and definitely not
like a Healey. I did 968 miles from Pensacola, FL, to Downers Grove. IL in
18 hours. Loved every minute of it.

Jack