[Healeys] Windshield to body seal???? UPDATE!

George Haywood haywoodone at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 5 18:08:41 MST 2008

Randy,

DON'T TRIM THE TAIL EVEN WITH THE FRAME!!!  Trim it the way John has indicated
in his picture and then follow my pictures to tuck it in under the front wing
and then press the windscreen post molding over the tails.  The molding
pinches the gasket material and holds it in place and the rest of it tucks up
under the wing.  It will shape itself to the underside of the wing and stay
right there.  I hope these pictures will make it clear as to what we are
talking about now.

Take care,

George

> From: rdickson at midwestarchaeology.com
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 22:05:28 -0600
> Subject: [Healeys] Windshield to body seal???? UPDATE!
>

> My question is what to do with the extra rubber at the ends. I didn't quite
> understand from the descriptions of what to do with the extra.
> Should I nip it off flush with the edge of the frame so that the outside
> chrome posts but up against the ends or fold it under and install the four
> screws and tighten the outside post down on the rubber seal?
> Thanks again!
>
> Randy
> Healey-Archaeologist
>
> 63 BJ7
http://windowslive.com/Explore/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_anywhere
_122008

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg]