[Healeys] British Tool

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Tue Dec 2 09:40:41 MST 2008

Why not use a scrap piece of 2 x 4 against the knockoff ear, and hit that
with the hammer instead of hitting the knockoff directly?  That way you
won't beat up the lead hammer, either.  I've been doing this since 1990 and
don't have any marks on either the knockoffs or the hammer.
Lately, I've been using a piece of oak instead of a pine 2 x 4 and avoiding
the need to replace the pine frequently.  I keep the oak in the same bag as
the jack and hammer.

Works for me, and I've never had a knockoff loosen while driving, much less
come off.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry