[Healeys] Intake Nuts

Ed's Shop shop at justbrits.com
Sun Aug 24 22:29:48 MDT 2008

<<In my experience good old fashioned brass nuts in this area are still the
best option.  If you are worried about them coming off, use a SS
lockwasher.  The only thing is each time you remove them, replace them with
new nuts.>>

Almost TOTALLY agree, Alan.  The 'SS locks' are IMHO a bit of overkill
(as you prove below<G>!!).

<<I've had brass nuts here, used with anti-seize, for over 40 K miles and
have not touched them, they stay nice and tight.>>

Absolutely!!!  I would be scared to death to use steel ones (at least on my
own car<G>) as I have HAD the non-pleasure of having the CHORE of working on
custs' car WITH steel ones<VBF>!!  NOT 'fun'!!!

Stick to the brass (in stock), Jim & Bob!!

Ed