[Healeys] Block of wood in trunk??

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Fri Aug 22 07:53:55 MDT 2008

Hi Bill,

It seems that part way through the BJ8's they fitted a different battery
which was narrower than previous. Therefore instead of the usual wood block
about 7/8" thick, they introduced a much thicker block to take up the width
difference. You seem to have one.
Regardless, here are pictures of the location of the block on an earlier
BJ8, the holes being in the same place as yours would be. The holes average
about 4" above the brackets where the battery tray will sit. However they
are not parallel with the brackets, the forward one being about 3 3/4" above
where thee tray sits and the rear one being about 4 1/4" above the rear
bracket. So it seems they weren't that exacting about it.

Hope this helps,

Rich Chrysler