[Healeys] (no subject)alternator

Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com
Wed Aug 20 13:56:02 MDT 2008

Hello Richard,
you are fully right. When disconnecting the battery on an alternator or
generator equipped car the voltage can spike up to double or third or even
more of the 13 Volts, as the voltage regulator would not work anymore without
the battery as a reference. I would suggest only those who can really add good
knowledge should give advice what to do and the others stay silent and listen
to those who know what they are talking about.
To be on the save side the "feeding wire" from the alternator to the battery
should be checked and in case enlarged or a second wire added in parallel. The
wire to the starter solenoid was also mentioned. I do not understand why the
wire to the starter solenoid is of any importance in this case.
I am just wondering, and I am an electronic engineer.

Josef Eckert
Koenigswinter/Germany

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----