[Healeys] Collapsible steering column

Peter Linn greylinn at ozemail.com.au
Mon Aug 18 19:13:20 MDT 2008

G'day list

I'm looking into how may hoops I'll have to jump through to get my Holden V6
engined BN1 approved for registration in Queensland. Some of the upgrades
required are dual circuit brakes, demister, two speed wipers, retractable seat
belts and collapsible steering column. I have potential solutions to all of
these except the steering column. I understand that Cape and SC Parts (perhaps
others) supply a collapsible column on an exchange basis (for an arm and a
leg!) for BN2 onwards. Anyone have any experience with these or have other
solutions to this issue in a late BN1?

BN1 Ward Special coupe
BN1 V6