[Healeys] Hanging the Sheetmetal

Mark LaPierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 13 15:46:12 MDT 2008

I hung one of my doors last night and their is a quarter inch gap at the
bottom
that I can actually see the threshold plate through.   This is obviously too
big.

Should the bottom door gap also be  1/8th to 3/16th or shouldn't there be a
gap
down there at all to keep water out?

And I thought I was almost done.  Ha!   Hangin the sheet metal is a
" Real Motha Foya".   I wish I never heard the term " door gaps".

I remember talk about "shaving the doors" a couple of years ago,  is that
done as a last resort or is it standard procedure when a car has had
major panel, frame and shroud repair?

Guess what answer I want to hear?

Thanks in advance,    Mark