[Healeys] Spark at coil

PhilRitten at aol.com PhilRitten at aol.com
Sun Aug 3 22:23:30 MDT 2008

All,

I pulled the plugs and checked them again (nothing exciting). I then  started
doing a compression test and quickly noticed that the coil was getting
extremely hot. I also noticed that there was a popping sound coming from the
engine compartment when I turned the ignition on and off. I asked my beautiful
assistant to turn the ignition on and off while I put my head under the hood and
sure enough there was a spark jumping from the white wire (+) to the coil
housing (- ground). I then had her crank the engine and a steady spark jumped
from the white wire to the coil. I taped up the wires, but now I'm getting a
spark on the negative post of the coil. It's not jumping to anything, just a
spark up and down the post. Any ideas? Could this be a short in the  coil?

Thanks,
Phil

Read reviews on AOL Autos.