[Healeys] 6 hour oil change

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Sun Aug 3 07:31:00 MDT 2008

Bob,

It is a simple matter of undoing the two bolts between the filter housing
assembly and the block. There is only a simple flat gasket (available
separately Moss #021-115) to replace and realign there. Take the entire
assembly to the benck and dismantle it into a suitable sized catch pan. Once
clean, I mount the housing head gently into a bench vise, and using an old
dental pick, remove the old sealing ring from its groove. There is always a
new sealing ring in the box with a new filter. Wet the new ring with engine
oil and install it into the groove. Sometimes a blunt flat bladed
screwdriver is needed to seat the ring squarely into the groove. Now with
the new filter and associated spring and backing plate in place, install the
centre bolt and run it up until the cannister flange seats evenly all around
the groove. Tighten securely. Reinstall the complete assembly back onto the
flat gasket at the block, making sure this gasket is in good condition.
Tighten the two bolts to the block and you're finished.

Bottom line is, get the assembly over to the bench where you can see what
you're doing to seat that ring properly.

Rich Chrysler