[Healeys] Filter(s) for Spin-on adapter AND Moss spin-on adaptor failure

Mark and Kathy mgtrcars at galaxyinternet.net
Sun Apr 27 08:15:25 MDT 2008

Hmmm,  must have different styles for different cars.   My adapter is just
one thick plate with holes and the filter sticks out at about a 90 deg.
angle from the engine.
My plate is held on with 3 black, counter sunk, allen bolts.   These bolts
do nothing
except hold the plate to the block.

Does your brass bolt serve another application other than holding the
adapter to the block?  Does it channel the oil perhaps?

Mark