[Healeys] Uprated Front Sway Bar

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 23 18:47:36 MDT 2008

>From my experience, you cannot put a big enough sway (anti-roll) bar on the
front. I have a 1" bar on my race car - and no rear sway bar. A rear bar will
increase roll stiffness at the rear end of the car. This will increase
oversteer, a condition known in NASCAR as "loose". This will help your car
swap ends if you drive it too hard.  Richard Mayor.

> From: Awgertoo at aol.com> Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:38:53 -0400> To:
healey.nut at gmail.com; bspidell at comcast.net; healeys at autox.team.net> Subject:
Re: [Healeys] Uprated Front Sway Bar> > Visit Michael Salter's blogsite--he
has some great comments on the effect of > a front anti-roll bar in general
and some real hand's on experience with > modifying Healey suspensions.
Perhaps he will chime in here.> > FWIW I have the both the DW heavy (7/8" I
believe) front anti-roll bar and > the rear anti-sway bar on my 100. I mounted
them at the same time as putting > on the Bilstein kit and the overall effect
was quite transformational--the > car does not lean near as much with stock
set up and pushes a lot less on an > autocross course, the limiting factor
being the relatively narrow Michelin > 175's. The suspension is stiff but not
unpleasantly so.> > Best--Michael Oritt> > > > > > > > **************Need a
new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car > listings at AOL
Autos. > (http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)>