[Healeys] It is aaaliiiiiiiive!

insptwo at msn.com insptwo at msn.com
Fri Apr 18 07:43:21 MDT 2008

Congrats Randy:
There is no feeling like awakening a BJ7 after years of sleep.
Nothing sounds as sweet as a BJ7 coming to life!
Bill
BJ7

> From: rdickson at midwestarchaeology.com> To: healeys at autox.team.net> Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2008 22:24:43 -0500> Subject: [Healeys] It is aaaliiiiiiiive!> >
Fellow Healeyoids,> I got my 63 BJ7 started tonight after a 4 year
hibernation. I blew> compressed air into the gas tank as per some fellow
Healeyites advise to get> the fuel pump primed. It worked like a charm. Gas to
the carbs. GREAT> ADVISE, THANKS! > But it still would not start though. I
then removed the plugs, cleaned them,> reinstalled, choked the carbs, broke
the choke cable. Still would not start.> I then static timed the ignition.
Still would not start. Then I retarded> the timing slightly.>
VVVVVVAAAAAARRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM. Fired right up and>
sounded great. I will post some new pics to the blog soon. I wanted to> drive
it down the alley tonight but I still need to hook up the drive shaft> and a
few other odds and ends.> > Randy> Healey-Archaeologist> > 63 BJ7>