[Healeys] It is aaaliiiiiiiive!

Randy Dickson rdickson at midwestarchaeology.com
Thu Apr 17 21:24:43 MDT 2008

Fellow Healeyoids,
I got my 63 BJ7 started tonight after a 4 year hibernation.  I blew
compressed air into the gas tank as per some fellow Healeyites advise to get
the fuel pump primed.  It worked like a charm.   Gas to the carbs. GREAT
ADVISE, THANKS!
But it still would not start though. I then removed the plugs, cleaned them,
reinstalled, choked the carbs, broke the choke cable. Still would not start.
I then static timed the ignition.  Still would not start.  Then I retarded
the timing slightly.
VVVVVVAAAAAARRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM. Fired right up and
sounded great.  I will post some new pics to the blog soon.  I wanted to
drive it down the alley tonight but I still need to hook up the drive shaft
and a few other odds and ends.

Randy
Healey-Archaeologist

63 BJ7