[Healeys] Distributor Rotors and No Start

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 17 15:09:42 MDT 2008

Be wary of Mallory condensors. I have had three fail during the last seven
years. And I know others who have also experienced failures.  Richard Mayor
> From: Awgertoo at aol.com> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 06:52:37 -0400> To:
tahoehealey at hotmail.com; sbyers at ec.rr.com; healeys at autox.team.net> Subject:
Re: [Healeys] Distributor Rotors and No Start> > I have Mallory distributors
on both my Healeys for about seven and four > years respectively. No problems
except when a ground wire went open on one > occasion. Parts are easy to come
by and I carry a spare module and rotor on long > trips (I never needed to use
ether). > > The Mr. Gasket website offers lots of good information and here's
a link to > the catalogue:> >
_http://www.malloryperformance.com/pdf/Distributors.pdf_ >
(http://www.malloryperformance.com/pdf/Distributors.pdf) > > Go to the page
for British cars--you simply need to decide if you want an > optical (Unilite)
or magnetic (Maglite) triggering system and whether you want > to retain or
discard the vacuum advance. I went with Unilite and no magnetic > advance.
You'll want the L-4 or L-6 unit depending on how many cylinders > your car
has.> > Century Performance and others sell for much less than the prices in
the > Moss catalogue.> > Best--Michael Oritt> > > > **************Need a new
ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car > listings at AOL Autos. >
(http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)>